Thursday, July 5, 2007

Art Room Chain Reaction

Have you ever heard of an art room "chain reaction"? That's what I call it when I clean or organize a section or area of my art room, which in turn causes something else to be moved or reorganized.

Now, don't get me wrong, I like having my art/craft supplies neat and orderly. It's great to be able to find what I need when I need it. It's also wonderful to know what I have and where it is located. The part I don't like is the chain reaction, the turmoil that results from reorganizing. I've found that in order to straighten things out, I have to start out with an even bigger mess. I really hate the bigger mess!

I'm in the middle of an art room chain reaction right now - and it isn't pretty. Let this be a warning to you - it's a big commitment of time and energy! Okay, I've given my warning, now I'd better get back to messing up, (ah, I mean organizing) my art supplies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am always trying to organize my studio/dining room ...and then I go to look for something and can't find it..will scratch my head..and say..now I know I had one..dag nammit I hid it from myself! I can't win...much easier for me to create in a... ahem! creative mess hee hee! :D